Le skirts are one of the first garments invented by man and used since ancient times. For centuries they were worn indifferently by men and women, eventually becoming a purely feminine garment, the quintessential symbol of sensuality.
The skirt has passed through different eras and cultures, often becoming an expression of the times. This was the case, for example, with the miniskirt, a symbol of female emancipation and freedom par excellence.
There are so many variations of skirts, different in cut and features. The main ones are:
- longuette: it is a long skirt beyond the knee, usually with a simple, linear pattern
- miniskirt: we all know it and it needs little explanation. Miniskirts are defined as all skirts no longer than mid-thigh length
- full skirt: fitted at the hips, softens on the legs.
- wrap skirt: skirt in which the two side flaps overlap each other
- trouser skirt: actually a very wide and short skirt, so much so that it looks like a skirt
- bell skirt: long beyond the knee, it gets this name precisely from its particular shape
- balloon skirt: a skirt of medium-short length, it has a bulge at the hips and leaves the legs uncovered starting above the knee
- uniform skirt: short, it originated as a skirt to be used for sports practice. It still remains the classic uniform of sportswomen and tennis players but is also often used for collage uniforms or even in professional or leisure settings.
In reality, the types of skirts do not end there. Designers have always enjoyed experimenting with new lines and fabrics, in a contamination of styles that makes each skirt a unique garment.
On Comme Toi you can find. skirts in high waist , long skirts , medium, short of the best designers.